Well we're in full on jump style over here and loving every flake of it!  The atmospheric condition has been co-operating so we've managed to tackle a lot of things in our yard, namely our deck, which I tin't await to show you!  We've painted it, repainted old furniture and basically just fixed a lot of stuff that needed fixing! Including our deck piece of furniture.

I love our deck furniture.  It's fabricated of weaved plastic rattan that has stood up against the elements for quite a few years.  Only nosotros haven't been diligent in covering it during our brutal winters, so time has taken a bit of a price on the chairs.  The weaving has cracked and come undone on some of them, then they desperately needed some TLC.  I'm not fix to let them become just yet, and so I decided to fix them myself.

In the back of my heed, because I'one thousand weird like that, I remember my Dad using contact cement to fix things.  I don't know why I recall that, but I do.  So I went over to our local Dwelling Depot, and asked if contact cement would be the correct material to fix my plastic rattan chairs.  And apparently it is.

So I bought a canteen (information technology's super inexpensive $8 a bottle) and prepare off for home, very excited to fix my chairs!  Considering y'all can't go through all the trouble of making your deck look amazing, then take terrible looking furniture!

Hither's How To:

  • Beginning I cleaned the furniture, and then waited for information technology to dry completely.
  • And then I re-weaved the strands of plastic that had come up undone.
  • And then I followed the directions on the bottle of contact cement, but glueing down the ends and pieces that were sticking out.PLEASE read the directions on the canteen of contact cement.  Yous MUST follow them to ensure the mucilage cures.
  • That's it.  Super simple.

Here'south how the tops of some of my chairs looked before, so afterwards I applied the contact cement:

Fixing Outdoor Rattan Furniture

Fan-tab-u-lous!  My chairs expect make new.  This makes me very very very very happy.  (I'thousand easily pleased.)  But really, this is amazing to me!  And it took less than an hour to do.  Actually.

So this weekend if you lot are looking for something to exercise, go fix your chairs.  And y'all'll find me sipping bevvies on our new deck.  Ahhhhh.

Have an inspired day!